Assume that you booked the ultimate golf bucket list outing. Perhaps you decided on Pebble Beach, Pinehurst No. 2, St. Andrews, or TPC Sawgrass. It is necessary to have golf travel bags to carry your essentials. It is essential to know Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review before making a purchase.
You’re probably giddy with excitement. A vacation spent with friends or relatives on the course you’ve always wanted to enjoy. That is, before you begin to see the traveling aspect.
How to travel with your prized golf clubs, in particular. Let’s be honest, if you’re going to play a formal game, you’ll need your own clubs. Now isn’t the time to join a random rental club. So these Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review helps a lot.
Traveling with golf clubs fortunately, does not have to be as difficult as it might seem. While we’re on the verge of flying with your clubs, let’s take a look at the best golf travel bags for 2020.
There are so many options available that if you haven’t already purchased one. I want to make sure that the best match for your game. After reading these, I’m sure you’ll find the one that will assist you in getting your clubs to your desired place.
What qualities do you seek in a golf travel bag?
If you’re new to the golf carrier bag scene, you’ll soon discover that there are a wide range of options. There is no lack of choice, whether you shop locally at a sporting goods store, online at Amazon, or elsewhere.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing the first best golf travel bags.
Soft Case vs. Hard Case
The case structure is the first thing you’ll know about the wide range of golf bags. Depending on the golf travel requirements, these have advantages and disadvantages.
Soft cases have the advantage of being less expensive and easy to transport, particularly if you have a smaller car. Plus, when you’re not traveling, they’re easier to pack in your garage. Hard cases, on the other hand, are typically larger and thicker. But they have more protection for your golf clubs.
I’ll go through the right golf travel bags with both soft and hard shells, but this is purely a matter of personal preference.
Durability & Padding
The other most vital aspect when talking Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review, is its longevity and padding on the inside to secure your clubs. I still suggest a Bag Boy backbone travel cover support device. Whether you prefer a hard shell or a soft shell case.
This reduces the risk of the clubs being destroyed when being treated at airports and loaded into cars or vans. When you’re out of town, the last thing you want to mess with is a snapped driver shaft. Make sure you have one of these on Amazon to protect your clubs.
It’s important to get one that’s pretty easy to transport back and forth depending on how frequently you travel. If you’re older, I consider using a smaller, soft-shell bag to avoid injuring your back while loading and unloading your clubs from the trunk.
Travel bag storage
Another important concern is the amount of storage space available inside the bag. Soft cases usually prevail in this category because they have 2-3 extra pockets outside the bag to store balls, golf shoes, and other accessories. When it comes to overall weight for your golf bag, it’s important to try to always review airline rules. You’ll usually have to spend an additional $25 to $50 if you’re over 30 or 40 pounds.
The warranty is the final consideration when choosing from our list of the best golf travel bags. Make sure the bag’s manufacturer has a warranty in case anything goes wrong. Soft shell bags are more susceptible to cracks and tears, while hard-shell bags tend to last for longer.
More words to choose golf club travel bags
· When shopping for golf bags, the layout is the first thing to consider. Dividers will partition each block, so make sure there are enough compartments to suit your needs. You’ll ruin your golf trip untangling your clubs if there aren’t enough dividers. The Cleveland Golf Men’s CG Stand Golf Bag has 14 dividers to hold each club in its own compartment.
· An extra putter tube is included with some golf bags to make it easier to easily get the putter when you need it.
· Pockets also play a role. The Wilson 2018 NFL Carry Golf Bag has eight pockets, one of which is for clothing and can be used to store extra gloves or rain caps. Other golf bags have six zippered pockets, one of which is fur-lined to protect your valuables.
· If you plan on hitting the course on a hot day, check for a golf bag that has an insulated pocket to keep your drinks cold.
· Portability is necessary if you’ll be pulling your bag from one hole to the next. However, it’s important to understand that there are things you can do to lighten your load and increase your course comfort.
· Your bag’s layout will make it more compact in addition to lightening your load. With a 4-point double shoulder harness, the Wilson 2018 NFL Carry Golf Bag is a comfortable choice. With a durable built-in carrying handle, the Orlimar Pitch & Putt Lightweight Carry Golf Bag is suitable for carrying at just 2 pounds.
· You’ll be able to play when you get to the next hole. You’ll need a stand to keep your golf bag in place if you’re not storing it on the cart. Non Slip footpads on some models keep it in place even on slick surfaces. The AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Club Travel Bag Case & Golf Bag has a travel bag that also serves as storage. So learning one of the Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review is must before your purchase.
You can also read our other articles :-
- How to get better at GOLF at HOME
- Best Golf club purchase GUIDE – Pro tips
- How to select Golf Push Carts : Expert tips
- 10 Best Mini Golf courses near you in USA
1.Samsonite Golf Deluxe 3-piece travel set
I hope you’ll like the Samsonite Golf Deluxe 3-piece travel set if you avoid hard cases because they’re not as trendy. You not only get a fashionable travel set, but you also get a matching duffel bag and shoe bag.
This golf set is suitable for heavy use. The shoe bag has mesh windows for airflow, a carry handle, and large self-repairing nylon coil zippers that fit two extra-large shoes up to size 13. The duffel bag has bungee straps on the back and front equipment straps, a side zippered dirty clothes pocket, a flexible, detachable padded shoulder harness, and large self-repairing nylon coil zippers.
The golf cover features self-repairing nylon coil zippers with big pulls, padded no-slip ergonomic detachable shoulder strap, rubber grip strengthened back, top, and front handles, tapered form, enclosed ball bearing in-line skate wheels, and three layer protective bottom with runners.
- Six two-tone paint options that won’t quickly get dusty or worn off.
- The case can be moved or pulled according to sealed ball bearing inline skate wheels.
- A duffel bag is a perfect carry-on bag that can be used all year.
- Made of lightweight, sturdy polyester that protects your bag and clubs whilst maintaining a stylish appearance! And a long-lasting polyester that protects your bag and clubs while still looking stylish!
- A quilted interior with additional foam cushioning on top protects club heads on the inside.
- Mesh ventilation windows help avoid moisture accumulation in the shoe bag, which is wide enough to fit two pairs of shoes (upt to size 13)
- It’s a relatively small scale. They will not suit if your woods have been lengthened.
- Though the packaging seems to be durable, some Amazon reviewers had a different experience.
This design appeals to me because it contains a matching shoe bag and duffel bag. Aside from its appearance, the bag seems to be very practical, with additional foam cushioning to cover club heads. You can also quickly drive or drag the bag around the airport.
2. Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian
The Sun Mountain Clubglider Tour Series is a travel bag for a serious golfer who doesn’t want to lose anything while on the trip. If you’re a really committed player who’s spent a lot this is the bag really for you.
A decent selection of four-color options: black or black with lava (aka orange), Baltic (blue) or red. Covered slot with a snap button to carry the business card (in case your Meridian hops a flight in a different direction). Two inner straps to protect your golf bag (adjustable for the size of the bag), including one that fits around the top of the bag and one at the base.
Three places for the handle: Two straps that clip together at the top of the bag to form the main handle used to pull the bag, two straps that fasten and form the handle in the center, and one handle at the base of the bag that helps bring the bag into and out of the car. Two in-line skate wheels that stretch just beyond the base of the case, which can be used on their own while dragging the bag, or paired with the wheels on the legs for four-wheeled transportation.
- With its 4-wheel specification and overall look plus longevity, this is one of the best golf travel bags for so many factors.
- It has some of the finest protection available and some of the best internet ratings available. Not only is it sturdy and rugged, but it’s aesthetically one of the finest cases to look at.
- The greatest con for most players is the price. This is one of the most costly on the market.
- Some reviewers have said that the release mechanism is a little stiff when it’s opened and closed, and the key zipper isn’t that free.
- Instead, there weren’t so many drawbacks on the internet about this epic golf bag.
The 4-wheel makes it extremely easy to carry and the extra room makes it easy to transport all your gear. Plus, this piece is also available in both black or black/white versions. Black is super tidy and quick to look at. If you can afford it, this bag is worth the money.
3. SKB Deluxe Golf Case:
The SKB Deluxe Golf Case is made of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene produced according to the ATA 300 Category I requirements. What does it say in English? This ensures the SKB cases are made of the same plastic as that defined by the U.S. Army for containers, and the case follows the highest requirements for the Air Transport Association. It’s this kind of sturdy structure that helps SKB to deliver the assurance that it does.
Apart from the stiff exterior, the SKB case features 1/2′′ dense padding along the top 14′′ within the case to cushion the clubheads. There is no inside harness to protect the golf bag, but because of the close fit inside the shell, there is no space to move.
The SKB Deluxe specification includes:
3 heavy duty latches to protect the case-the middle bolt has a TSA-approved lock (2 keys included) to allow airport security to check the contents (as it often seems to be the case for golf bags) and then re-lock the latches,
The handle has a lift at the middle of the case and two inline skate wheels.
SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel The SKB Deluxe ATA golf travel bag looks like a weapon case for golf clubs. Its style is a little obnoxious, but it’s not based on aesthetics. It’s just one goal: to shield your clubs from the troubles of traveling.
- Durability at it’s best you can imagine.
- The hard-shell seems almost unbreakable.
- Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene keeps the moisture and dust away.
- The manufacturer will offer you $1500 club coverage and a million mile guarantee if something goes wrong.
- Price of the bag is quite hefty.
- At the price, it weighs almost 18 pounds.
- You will have to pay extra money for weighing more in the airport along the normal weight limit.
The SKB is made of consistency and serves with both stand bags and cart bags, but a little tight for larger cart bags. They even have a TS lock that makes it more likely to be checked so you don’t carry too many items with your own bag. Overall, this is the best hard case on the market, with the weight being the only con. Pack wisely!
4. Bag Boy T-2000 Travel Cover:
The T-2000 Bag Boy is built from 1680d nylon. Many of you who are not a fabric expert may wonder if this is good or bad. We will help you to figure it out. The “d” is an abbreviation for the Denier count that determines the fineness of the cloth. The number of deniers is literally the mass (in grams) of 9,000 meters of the cloth. In fact, instead of simply driving out 9,000 meters of cloth (which is around 5.6 miles), they use 900 meters and multiply by 10.
Higher Denier count means a denser weave, which will result in better longevity. 1680d is in the upper half of the spectrum of what you can see in your luggage – high-end versions appear to be in the region of 1800d-2500d.
While Bag Boy has sufficient protection to cover the heads of the clubs at the top of the T-2000, there is no padding on the bottom two-thirds of the bag. The bag has two two-way zippers that run the length of it, allowing easy access to the contents.
- There are five handles on the bag. A pivoting grip at the top, another fixed strap at the top, a lifting strap in the center, two loops that Velcro together to form a handle in the middle, and one handle at the bottom that is useful for lifting the bag into and out of vehicles.
- A spine with a wide shoe/accessory pocket
- A plastic window that can carry a business card or other form of identification.
- There are two more garment pockets, one on each side.
- An internal harness; to keep your golf bag secure.
- Two in-line skate wheels.
- Silver, red, and blue are the three paint choices available, each with black trim.
- They are flush with the bag’s top, so there is no additional room – if the bag is already full inside, you won’t be able to squeeze anything into the clothing pockets.
- Quick adjustments in direction were often made more complex because we had to compensate for the pivoting handle’s compensation by using extreme movements.
- The in-line skate wheels spun smoothly, but it was difficult to go back to a normal two-wheeler when seeing the joys of four-wheeled golf travel bags.
Bag Boy T-2000 Travel Cover has all the potential to be your daily companion. A pivoting grip at the top, a fixed strap at the top, one handle at the bottom for lifting the bag is the best feature of this case. It’s sturdy structure, comfort for travelling with a lightweight case like it will be one the best golf travel bags.
5. Sun Mountain 2018 ClubGlider Tour Series Golf Travel Cover Bag
The Sun Mountain ClubGlider Tour Series is an excellent golf travel bag, and it is the second largest offering in the ClubGlider four-wheeler range (behind the cavernous ClubGlider Pro). The ClubGlider Tour Series is made to fit either cart bags or stand bags, including the recent Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag. We highly recommend four-wheel golf travel bags with pivoting caster wheels – after you use one, you won’t want to go back to a two-wheeler – and the ClubGlider Tour Series is one of the good choices in the category if the price tag doesn’t put you off.
The Sun Mountain ClubGlider Tour Series Wheeled travel bag is made of double vinyl material and is designed to last. Sun Mountain has used high duty tank zips to improve the durability of the zips to make opening them even easier than fiddling with smaller zips.
Sun Mountain used pivoting castor wheels on the leg system and in-line roller wheels on the bag’s foundation for greater maneuverability. The Sun Mountain ClubGlider Tour Series Wheeled Travel Bag glides over every surface with ease.
The wide compartment can accommodate all types of bags up to the size of a personnel backpack. The leg mechanism stretches and retracts in the base of the bag in seconds, and the internal and external cinch straps keep your golf bag in place during travel.
There are two additional zippered pockets to house all of your golfing essentials, and the ClubGlider is equipped with a TSA lock to keep it safe and stable.
- This is one of the best golf travel bags for several reasons, including its 4-wheel specification, overall appearance, and durability.
- It’s not only tough and durable, but it’s also one of the most attractive cases on the market.
- It has some of the best internet reviews and some of the best security available.
- For most players, the most obvious limitation is the cost. This is one of the most expensive products on the market.
- Instead of the drawback, there is nothing much bad to say about this golf carrier bag.
The Sun Mountain ClubGlider Tour Series is a 4 wheeler case that is very easy to travel with. It has enough extra space to accommodate your golfing equipment. Between two colors black & white and black, the black & white really stands out in a crowd. If money is not the issue, you definitely can go for it.
Final Verdict on Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review
Final Thoughts on Best Golf Club Travel Bags Review, choosing the right travel bag is all about defending your clubs and getting the right one for your budget, regardless of which bag you pick. All golf travel bags are different in sizes. If you’re going to golf and travel, the most important thing is that they arrive safely at their destination. A shattered piece of wood will ruin your mood and ruin an experience you may have paid a lot of money for. Make sure to do your homework if you’re going for a soft or hard cover.
Each golf club travel case can safely transport your clubs, so personal taste, cost, color and features will all come into play. Not to mention that some of these can be conveniently stored in your home or garage, while others may need a lot more space. You can also make sure your clubs stays well-protected on the inside of the backpack.
Don’t forget to include your golf bag in your calculations. If you have a cart bag, you may need to purchase a heavy carry case or hard case, as the cheaper, less expensive ones may not fit. Pick up one of these golf travel bags, book one of those once-in-a-lifetime golf outings, and you’ll be able to enjoy golf even more than before.